Could you tell us a bit about what Questo does? Please give a brief description of your company.
Questo is the platform that enables individuals and businesses to create city exploration games all around the world.
A city exploration game is a mix of a city tour, a treasure hunt and outdoor escape game. Each of these unique city games takes people on small adventures around town.
Players download the Questo mobile app and follow on-screen instructions to get to the first location. Once they get to the first location, they have to solve their first challenge which is related to their immediate surroundings. They have to physically be in the correct location to answer correctly.
Once the correct answer is found, they follow the next clues taking them to the next location and next challenge.
What sets you apart and makes you unique?
There are 5 ingredients to our uniqueness:
1. FUN EXPERIENCE: players find clues in their surroundings and solve puzzles as they visit a city. They are part of a mission that keeps them engaged compared to regular tours that only require tourists to listen passively.
2. NO HUMAN INTERACTION: there is no human interaction. Players only need to download the Questo app
3. SOCIAL DISTANCING: social distancing is respected as players go on the tour on their own or with friends, spouses, family and therefore avoid stranger and big groups
4. FLEXIBLE SCHEDULE: the game can be played at any hour of the day or night, all year long so tourists can avoid rush hours and crowds
5. UNLIMITED PLAYERS: each game can be played by thousands of people at the same time
Could you tell us a bit about you and your team?
We are a team of creatives and doers with the vision to transform every city into a game.
Right now we are a remote team of 13, but we’re looking to double this number by the end of 2021.
This is our core team:
Alex Govoreanu, CEO & Co-founder of Questo, previously started VeziCatFace, the largest car valuation website in Romania.
Claudiu Petria (COO & Co-founder): more than 10 years of working in the Advertising Industry at the top national ad agencies.
Adrian Olaru, the CTO: more than 12 years of experience in programming. Previously worked for eRepublik, a web game with over 5 millions of users worldwide.
Sebastian Maraloiu, our CMO, is the former CMO of Mondly, one of the top 5 language apps in the world with +50 million downloads.
Vasi Tanase, Chief Content Officer, experienced content editor managing over 150 content creators around the world.
Why is the Japanese market important to you?
Japan is one of the most progressive countries in the world and one of the most open to new technologies. We believe Japan can become one of our major markets in the next year and maybe even the country that supercharges our growth and adoption.
What are you looking for to make your next steps?
We are looking to get Questo in the hands of as many people as possible. We know that once someone tries it once they love it and will play again.